Sunday, May 22, 2011

How did I ever get to be so busy?

Remember the days when you had nothing to do? I would just lay around, maybe read a book or go explore. The days were relaxed and slow. Sometimes it would get boring and I’d have to think hard of what could I do.
Somewhere along the way things changed. I think it really happened aft having kids. At first having a kid wasn’t that big of a deal as the first kid kind of just lays there and sleeps most of the time (except at night). However, after the kid gets a little older, and especially after number two, things change and you always have something to do.
Then by the time the teenage years start, things get really busy. There are sports, school and the things they want to do with their friends. They want spend the nights, or go spend the night with a friend. These are usually impromptu things that conflicts with other things you had already planned and also are usually around the time they need correction for bad grades or conduct in school.
I’m getting old enough now to see the light at end of the tunnel. Hopefully I can make it the last few years until they are out of college then maybe things will get boring again (except for the occasional something for a grandkid.) Will I be bored then or will I finally get to rest and then do something for me?

No comments:

Post a Comment